Financial Reporting Manager
Immediate Supervisor: Director of Financial Reporting
Job Summary: The Financial Reporting Manager will play a key role in compiling the company’s consolidated financial statements and drafting and filing the company’s quarterly and annual reports. The Financial Reporting Manager will interface with multiple accounting groups to ensure the completeness and accuracy of financial information and will assist the Director of Financial Reporting in researching technical accounting questions and drafting accounting policies in support of these groups.
- Compile consolidated balance sheets and income statements, combining results from ViewPoint and Yardi trial balances. Include eliminating consolidation entries.
- Draft quarterly and annual reports on Forms 10-Q and 10-K, including financial statements, notes to financial statements, management’s discussion & analysis, and all other required SEC disclosures. Incorporate feedback from internal reviewers, external auditors, and SEC legal counsel.
- Review XBRL tagging in SEC filings for accuracy.
- Assist the Director of Financial Reporting in performing accounting research to determine the proper financial accounting treatment of significant and/or unusual transactions relating to construction, development, acquisitions, leases, joint ventures, mezzanine lending activities, and equity transactions including share-based payments.
- Assist the Director of Financial Reporting in drafting accounting policies for various accounting areas, including implementation guidance and examples.
Minimum Acceptance Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA or CPA candidate
- 5+ years’ accounting experience in public accounting and/or industry
- Understanding of US GAAP accounting and disclosure requirements
- Experience reviewing and/or drafting SEC Forms 10-Q and 10-K
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to deliver quality financial information within strict reporting deadlines
- Ability to identify important transaction details and identify relevant accounting guidance
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Knowledge of ViewPoint and/or Yardi accounting software a plus
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
Performing this job will require use of hands to fingers with the ability to handle, or feel objects, sit, stand, walk, talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work inside the headquarters office. Employee must be able to pass a background check and pre-employment and random drug screens.
This position description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing Company objectives and covers the primary functions and responsibilities of the position. It is in no way to be construed as an all-encompassing list of duties.
The successful candidate must pass pre-employment and random drug screens, credit check and background check.