Graphic Designer/Digital Media Specialist
Summary: The Graphic Designer/Digital Media Specialist will report directly to the Marketing and Communications Director and will be responsible for (1) designing and producing a variety of print marketing communication pieces as well as (2) developing, implementing, tracking and optimizing the Company’s online presence across all digital channels.
- Ensure content and design of all logos, promotional items, illustrations, photography, web pages, and advertisements are consistent with the Armada Hoffler brand.
- Create graphics/design layouts for marketing collateral, advertising concepts, digital brand elements, etc.
- Write content for advertisements, print materials, social media, website and employee newsletter.
- Participate in team meetings, brainstorm on design projects to contribute to the creative process.
- Retouch photographs, including color correcting and resizing images.
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations as needed.
- Manage company websites and content. Utilize strong analytical ability to evaluate visitor experience and make recommendations for improvement.
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns on a regular basis. Conduct web analytics to provide online marketing insights and support strategy.
- Help with competitive analysis, gather outside resources (websites, ads or images) for inspiration, pull campaign examples, evaluate emerging technologies, and provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate.
- Perform related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
The Company is looking for an experienced graphic designer with advanced knowledge of digital marketing trends. This person should also have a strong background in graphic arts with prior experience creating graphics and a solid grasp of design concepts. The ideal candidate has:
- 2-5 years of graphic design experience (print and digital)
- A Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Graphic Design, Marketing, Advertising, or a similar degree in graphic arts or visual communication.
- Excellent working proficiency of the Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator) to create a variety of marketing pieces (brochures, flyers, program and sponsor ads, presentation packages, banners, construction site signage, etc.)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (especially PowerPoint).
- Ability to prepare items for final media output (print or web).
- Experience in design and layout for digital applications such as landing pages, email templates, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid knowledge of Google Analytics and other web analytics and digital tools.
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking.
Experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, email marketing, social media and/or display advertising campaigns.