Job Summary: As an integral part of the Project team, the Project Accountant will provide quality financial services for multiple large commercial construction projects. Quality financial services include, but are not limited to, contract review, billings, work-in-place reporting, subcontractor and general condition payments, and cash reporting.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Process invoices, obtain approval from Project Management and place invoices in line for payment.
- Process Applications for Payment verifying any deficiencies and distribute to Project Managers for approval.
- Assist Project Manager with generating the Owner Application for Paymen
- Review, report and resolve deficiencies
- Verify second-level subcontractors and vendors are being paid; generate lien waivers or process joint checks.
- Bi-weekly update and review of project cash position and outstanding payables, receivables and retainage.
- At month end, ensure all owner billings have been submitted for respective projects. Post correct billings with correct journal date. Distribute job cost reports to project managers as indicated on monthly Accounting calendar. Obtain necessary approval for any journal entries to the job cost reports.
- At project closeout, run a sub-status report for Project Management for retainage verification.
Skills and Experience Requirements
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Minimum 2 years of Construction Project Accounting experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word and Outlook
- Knowledge of ViewPoint construction and accounting software a plus
- Solid organizational skills with superior attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills