Immediate Supervisor: Accounting Manager
Job Summary: As an integral part of the Project team, the Project Accountant will provide quality financial services for multiple large commercial construction projects. Quality financial services include, but are not limited to, contract review, billings, work-in-place reporting, subcontractor and general condition payments, and cash reporting. Ensure accurate and timely financial data entry, compliance, GAAP requirements, and mitigate risks.
- Compare vendor/subcontractor invoices to purchase orders or contracts to verify quantities, prices, payment terms, freight charges, extensions, etc. Compute discounts, make sales/use tax determinations, verify W-9 is on file, obtain approval from the appropriate Project Manager and place invoices in line for payment.
- Process Applications for Payment submitted by subcontractors, verify any deficiencies and route to Project Managers for approval. The Owner Application for Payment will be created utilizing this data.
- Assist Project Manager with creation of the Owner Application for Payment by verifying subcontract bills are accurately reflected on the billing and appropriate copies and back up information are compiled to accompany the Owner Application.
- Review deficiencies that will prevent release of subcontractor/vendor payments and request information necessary to resolve said deficiencies either from the Project Management team or Subcontractors/Vendors.
- Verify second-level subcontractors and vendors are being paid by subcontractor either through submission of lien waivers or processing of joint checks.
- Bi-weekly update and review of project cash position and outstanding payables, receivables and retainage.\
- At month end, ensure all owner billings have been submitted for respective projects. Verify previous paid amounts, communicate any discrepancies to
- Project Management. Post correct billings, invoices, and subcontractor application for payments in the correct accounting period. Obtain necessary approval for any journal entries for accruals or reclasses. Distribute on hold and job cost reports to project managers as indicated on monthly Accounting calendar.
- Hold monthly meetings to review payment status and subcontractor deficiencies.
- Perform ad hoc tasks as assigned by supervisor or requested by Project Management.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Solid organizational skills with superior attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Great interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to flourish in a fast-paced, complex environment with a willingness to adapt to change.
- Construction Project Accounting experience a plus
- Knowledge ViewPoint accounting software a plus.
- Experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, email marketing, social media and/or display advertising campaigns.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Lifting Requirements: Medium – lifting/moving/pushing +/- 15 pounds
- Environmental Conditions: Inside Conditions/Smoke Free
This position description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing Company objectives and covers the primary functions and responsibilities of the position. It is in no way to be construed as an all-encompassing list of duties.