Project Management Assistant
Armada Hoffler Construction Company is seeking a highly motivated Project Management Assistant (PMA) to join our team in Virginia Beach, VA. The PMA will be responsible for performing a variety of administrative tasks for the Construction project management team.
Responsibilities include providing administrative support for Construction office and field personnel. This position will also perform a variety of routine and non-routine administrative tasks and provide back-up support to the receptionist.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Set up new projects on the construction Shared Network.
- Set up and maintain project data using ViewPoint Construction software.
- Process all project related correspondence (i.e. prepare outgoing letters; sorting and handling of routine incoming and outgoing correspondence; and prioritizing material for perusal)
- Generate and distribute logs such as contract document lists, submittal logs, change order proposal logs, subcontract change order logs, and request for information logs.
- Generate and distribute a variety of correspondence, agreements and forms such as Subcontracts, Work Orders, Purchase Orders, Equipment Rental Agreements, Letters of Intent, Joint Check Agreements, Subcontract Change Orders, meeting minutes, punch lists, submittals and close-out documents.
- Post project plans to SharePoint site; order sets and email project plans to Subcontractors and your Project Team.
- Coordinate all project related meetings via Outlook and book meetings in conference rooms.
- Utilize Document Management program to scan and index all emails, correspondence, drawings, specifications, submittal documents, etc.
- Review On-Hold report, generate appropriate follow-up letters to subcontractors and forward copies to Accounting.
- Coordinate meetings with project team and project accountant to review “On-Hold” Memorandum. Assist project accountant to request deficient items from Subcontractors and/or Suppliers.
- Request data from Subcontractors and assemble Operations and Maintenance Manuals for the file and distribution to the Owner. Coordinate with superintendent to collect as-built drawings.
- Obtain and track subcontractor licenses.
- At project completion, box up and label the required project and jobsite files.
- Greet and escort clients and visitors to conference rooms; prepare conference room for meetings.
- Perform back-up receptionist duties.
- Perform other related administrative duties as requested or assigned.
- 2 to 4 years of experience working in an administrative support position within the construction industry. Experience with a Commercial General Contractor is preferred.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite.
- Experience in ViewPoint Construction software is a plus.
- Must be a team player
- Possess a high degree of self-motivation
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Must be detail oriented with ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office setting and is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, stoop or kneel, talk and hear. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform, the essential functions of this job. Occasional travel to various worksites may be required.